“Class 3” spills include sewage, ground water (water coming from outside), and any drain system backflow. These spills are biohazards and must be handled with specific methods and equipment. ARC Water Damage (“ARC” for short) technicians are trained and equipped to contain and clean up “Class 3” spills.
This is done to protect the client, the structure and even any workers (the plumbing contractors) involved in doing the pertinent repairs needed to the piping system.
Whenever a sewage backup occurs it usually happens in the basement and crawlspaces where low lighting, temperature level, and humidity create a serious environmental hazard.
Left untreated, bacteria, fungi and mildew growth will cause the already grossly unsanitary condition to be a health hazard, which could lead to airborne diseases and other health risks. It is important that the situation is attended to in a timely fashion.
ARC Water Damage will:
- Pump or wet vacuum excess water
- Bag and discard all debris, mud, raw sewage elements, tissue paper, etc…
- Haul away padding and carpet (and discard if necessary- w/ sewage it is always necessary)
- Remove sewage element from toilet bowl
- Use of low volume pressure washer
- Clean all contaminated surfaces, bases of wall and baseboards
- Use of a heavy duty EPA registered disinfectant
- Use anti-microbial, mildewcide or fungicide (kills mold, bacteria, fungi, e-coli)
- Use enzymes if needed (in crawl spaces)
- Clean and sanitize bases of furniture, appliances and other contents
- Use of ULV (Ultra Low Volume) fogger, great for structural materials that are porous
- Use of drying equipments (air movers and dehumidifiers, if needed)
- Re- soil affected areas (optional)
- Lay C.O.C. Crystals for deodorization (our favorite is the one that smells like cherry)
Main Services Delivered:
- Sewage Extraction/Septic Tank
- Hazardous Materials Removal
- Pack-out/Itemization/Video Records
Before: Black Water & Sludge. Water had been standing for 30 minutes!
Before: Standing Water in Crawlspace
After: Crawlspace had been properly treated, client & plumber very happy.